Monday, May 21, 2007

Fresh cut Grass


Nothing smells better than fresh cut grass! Of course! in my case alot of it was weeds. I am still trying to tame our yard. Of course, yard is a irrelevant term, because not only to do try to tame the 2 acres that is fenced in with chain link, but the other 3 acres that are between the chain link and the road! All of the rest of it becomes jungle! OHHH yeah, I have forgotten to tell you how much I hate snakes! Well, I saw the first one of the season on our property yesterday! A baby copperhead! It was very pretty..... the mean little bastard! He survived, because by the time I finished running away I had a hard time finding him when I returned with the shovel! Sorry all you copperhead lovers, I had intentions of ridding the world of at least one more of them! OOO If you want I will transplant them to your home if you prefer!! Soooo, this is what I did all day Sunday! This morning I am blessed with a gorgeous view from my porch though!

4 comments:

Mz Jackson said...

Death to copperheads! I'm with you girl. We used to have guineas and I saw one of them catch a baby copperhead and wolf it right down its gullet. I kid you not!

I hope you and baby are feeling all better.

Nae Nae said...

We talked about getting guineas, but I hear that they are hard to keep and a pain in the neck. We haven't decided on the guinea issue!

She goes back to the Dr. Tues, she is still sick. I think I am getting over mine. Thanks!

Rebecca said...

I freakin hate those nasty things. Bastards!!! I can do without any snake.

VegasGirl said...

Ewww! Kill the copperhead!

I'm not much of a snake lover, but the other day my dad was digging me a garden and found one in my yard. Imagine my suprise as I'm carrying a 40pound bag of dirt up to my new garden to find my dad holding this snake in his hand. hehe. I guess that is what I get for having a science teacher for a dad =0p So now I am under strict orders to leave his pet garden snake alone. hehe. Luckily I haven't seen it since that day.

Slide Show 2008

Bubbles

Family